Information about your jojomo cutting board
- Our wood cutting boards are made from select hardwoods.
- Most of the wood is from new, leftover, cutoffs. It is a great way for us to recycle our excess lumber pieces.
- Never leave the board in water or send it through the dishwasher. Disaster will strike!
- It is best cleaned with a sponge or scrunge pad and mild soapy water.
- 2013 boards have been finished with a 4:1 mix of Mineral Oil & Beeswax.
- Rejuvenate with Mineral Oil and or Beeswax.
SOLID SURFACE BOARDS:
- These boards are made from acrylic solid surface. This is an extremely durable, nonporous, dishwasher safe and stain resistant material.
- It’s unique density and structure retains both heat and cold. Put it in the refrigerator or freezer and it will stay cold for quite a while. Heat it in hot water and it will help keep that roast chicken warm on the table. Do not heat it in the oven. A warming drawer would be perfect.
- It is fine to use as a trivet but if it exceeds 300 degrees fahrenheit it will turn into jello. The material can scorch and show burn marks. These can usually be sanded away.
- The best cleaning method is a good scrub with a green scotchbrite pad in soapy water or send it through the dishwasher.
- The material will show scratches and knife marks over time. When I am comparing countertop options with clients, I always tell my clients that Solid Surface tops are the only countertop that can be repaired and refinished with ease. We often go into kitchens & baths and in a few hours, are able to refinish the tops to an almost new condition! If you have a sander, after a few years of board wear and tear, try sanding it back to “new” with 120,180 and or 220 grit sandpaper.